Scam-av milter project uses SpamAssassin and ClamAV to detect spam and viruses.
Here are some key features of "Scam av milter":
· Communicates with SpamAssassin to tag or reject spam.
· Performs in-bound and out-bound mail scanning.
· Scam-av milter is compatible with ClamAV and F-Prot Antivirus.
· Reduces mail filtering overhead by greylisting botnets.
Scam-av milter has been designed for high volume sites and can filter over hundreds of thousands of messages a day. Its two-in-one approach reduces the mail filtering overhead.
· Your version of sendmail should be built with milter support. Scam-av requires an existing SpamAssassin and ClamAV installation.
Scam-av runs on Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD and Solaris.