Mimicry is a mail post-postprocessor daemon.
Current functionality includes adding disclaimers to messages and compressing attachments on the fly. Selection of attachments to be processed is based on MIME-type, filename, receipient, sender, and (to a certain extent) the position of the message part within the message.
- Programmed in perl
- A daemon that receives and sends mails via SMTP
- A program to inspect and manipulate mail parts (mime entities) within an SMTP flow
- Easily extendable by outsourcing the actual processing to plugins that get loaded during startup
- Coded with flexibility in mind
- Filterspecification with perl regular expressions
- A configuration file where you can specify lists of actions to be executed on mail parts, based on
- (envelope) sender and recipient
- mime type and path of mime types from top level entity to inspected entity
- recommended filenames
- and (to a certain extent) the position of the part within the mails mime tree
- And of course: licensed under the GPL