YFKlog is a general purpose ham radio logbook for *nix operating systems.
It was primarily designed with normal HF/VHF-operation in mind, for Contesting I wrote YFKtest which is in an early stage of development, but already served its purposes in several contests: YFKtest.
Here are some key features of "YFKlog":
· Simple Console based user interface.
· MySQL or SQLite database backend
· Unlimited number of logs manageable
· ADIF import and export
· Easy log backup
· High quality QSL (cards, labels) print with LaTeX: Sample PDF file (quite a few google hits for "QSL card latex", probably looking for something like this?)
· Award tracking/statistics functions (examples)
· ARRL LOTW support
· Basic transceiver control Hamlib.pm
· Perl 5 with Curses, DBI, strict
· SQLite 3 with the required Perl bindings, or access to a MySQL DB
· LaTeX 2e with geometry package (optional, only for QSL label print)
· any old computer, the author is using YFKlog on a PII-600 with 128MB RAM, running FreeBSD 5.3. It was developed and tested mainly using Mandrake 9.2, Debian 3.1 and FreeBSD 5.3.
What's New in This Release:
· Additions to this version include a remote logging interface to fldigi/gmfsk, a callsign lookup function, and a custom statistics/awards function.
· Improvements were made to the user interface, error handling, and ADIF import.