Session Directory Tool 3.0
Session Directory Tool provides a multicast session directory manager.
SDR is a session directory tool designed to allow the advertisement and joining of multicast conferences on the Mbone. It was originally modelled on sd written by Van Jacobson at LBNL, but implements a later version of the session description protocol than sd does.
SDR was originally written under the MICE and MERCI projects at UCL by Mark Handley who now works for ISI. SDR will continue to be maintained on a limited basis as part of the infrastructure for conferencing on the CAIRN testbed network and the EC MECCANO project.
Many many fixes and improvements to SDR have been contributed by Bill Fenner and Van Jacobson. Security features were implemented by Edmund Whelan and Goli Montasser-Kohsari at UCL.
What's New in This Release:
· new 'application' media type for session directories
· fixed byte ordering of headers on intel machines
· fixed IP6 address allocation for unix IP6 stacks
· Authentication and encryption code fixed to allow for extra space for IPv6 addresses
· Added IPv6 flags to configure scripts "--enable-ipv6"