KSalup is a KDE application which allows Linux users to receive and send popup messages to other computers on a LAN.
KSalup is compatible with many other programs such as Microsoft Winpopup, Kurupop, Linpopup, Salup, and any others which use the SMB messaging protocol.
Here are some key features of "KSalup":
· Netbios over UDP protocol.
· Netbios over TCP protocol through Samba.
· Netbios names support.
· Messages filtering.
· Messages forwarding.
· Automatic answering.
· Automatic archiving of incoming and sent messages.
· Network browsing (LAN).
· Handling of workgroup, host name and aliases.
· Tray icon (KDE).
· Support for printing.
· Support for public and private user-defined aliases.
· Online indicator, now compatible with Salup, Kurupop and Pipop.
· Quick user-defined messages.
· Sound attachment.
· Support for different character encodings for internationalisation (UTF-8, Microsoft codepages, ...).
· Possibility of sending messages from the shell command line.
What's New in This Release:
· A menu item "Delete all messages" has been added to easily clear the messages list.
· The option "Clear the messages list on exit" has been adde