KSalup is a KDE application which allows Linux users to receive and send popup messages to other computers on a local area network (LAN).
KSalup is compatible with many other programs such as Microsoft Winpopup, Kurupop, Linpopup, Salup, and any others which use the SMB messaging protocol.
Here are some key features of "KSalup":
· Netbios over UDP protocol.
· Netbios over TCP protocol through Samba.
· Netbios names support.
· Messages filtering.
· Messages forwarding.
· Automatic answering.
· Automatic archiving of incoming and sent messages.
· Network browsing (LAN).
· Handling of workgroup, host name and aliases.
· Tray icon (KDE).
· Support for printing.
· Support for public and private user-defined aliases.
· Online indicator, now compatible with Salup, Kurupop and Pipop.
· Quick user-defined messages.
· Sound attachment.
· Support for different character encodings for internationalisation (UTF-8, Microsoft codepages, ...).
· Possibility of sending messages from the shell command line.
What's New in This Release:
· A menu item "Delete all messages" has been added to easily clear the messages list.
· The option "Clear the messages list on exit" has been adde