JWebPresenter project is a bitmap-image based Web presenting system.
It can add a Web extension to your favorite presentation tool, such as PowerPoint, MagicPoint, or Impress.
This is useful in distance learning, meeting, conferencing, and other situations.
It uses bitmap images to avoid compatibility problems. Other features include platform independence and simplicity.
Here are some key features of "JWebPresenter":
· Bitmap image based presenting: Hence we have no compatibility problem related to character corruption, locale, font, ... You can (and you must) use an authoring tool (e.g., PowerPoint, OpenOffice, MagicPoint, etc) to create the slides, then export into images to be presented with JWebPresenter.
· Platform independent: Any system satisfying the requirements should be OK, including Linux PC, Windows PC, PDA Sharp Zaurus SL-C760 (JWebPresenter SS v1.0x).
· Simplicity: I believe simple thing should be done simply. JWebPresenter SS v1.2.1 package (tar.gz) is only 36KB, including source, pre-compiled binarary, document, sample, and a 18KB (uncompressed size) license called GPL!
· Protocol and Image format independent: All protocols and image formats supported by JRE (Java Runtime Enviroment) should be OK.
· Efficience: There is little overhead in JWebPresenter.
· Server (presenter): a Web (currently HTTP and/or FTP) server, perl or UNIX shell
· Client (audience): a JRE (Java Runtime Environment) v1.4+, in particular, with Swing support.
What's New in This Release:
· Now the applet can run inside a browser by providing empty cmdText.
· doxygen.cfg is deleted.