GnomeMeeting is an H.323 compatible videoconferencing, telephony, and VoIP softphone.
GnomeMeeting project supports all modern videoconferencing and VoIP features, such as registering to an ILS directory, gatekeeper support, making multi-user conference calls using an external MCU, using modern Quicknet telephony cards, and making PC-to-ph
Here are some key features of "GnomeMeeting":
· Integration with Evolution 2.00 so that contacts are shared between both software
· LDAP and ILS Directories Registration and Browsing
· Addressbook with Speed Dials and H.323/Callto URLs
· Advanced Calls History with Placed, Received and Unanswered Calls and ability to Call Back Users
· ZeroConf (Apple Rendez-Vous) support
· Advanced Personal Settings Management
· In call Instant-Apply support for Settings
· Auto Answer and Do Not Disturb modes
· GConf and External Configuration
· Possibility for administrators to block some settings to given default values
· Configurable Full-Screen Videoconferencing
· OSS and ALSA Compatible Soundcards Support through plugins
· Video4Linux and Firewire Cameras Support through plugins
· Devices Auto-Detection
· Status Notion
· Configurable sound events
· Configuration Assistant
· HIG Compliant GUI
· KDE and GNOME compatibility
· Translated in many languages
· Supports audio codecs plugins
· iLBC, GSM-06.10, MS-GSM, G.711-Alaw, G.711-uLaw, G.726 and Speex audio codecs
· G.723.1 audio codec (with Quicknet cards)
· H.261 QCIF and CIF video codec
· Dynamic Jitter Buffer
· Dynamic Threshold Algorithm for Silence Detection
· Automatic Video Bandwidth Limitation
· Video Transmission/Reception Control
· Quicknet xJack
· Normal Phone support
· Normal, Dial, and Busy Tones Generation
· Phone Dialpad support
· Incoming Call Ring support
· G.723.1 Audio Codec
· Echo Cancellation
· Full Management of Calls from the Phone
· Dialpad Shortcuts for Automatic Dialing, Call Hold and Call Transfert
· Addressbook Speed Dial selection with Dialpad
· H.323v4 compliant
· H.245 Tunneling and Fast Start
· callto: and h323: URLs
· Gatekeeper (RAS) client support, with Broadcast and Multicast Discovery
· H.235 Annex D. support
· Gateway/proxy support
· H.450.1 Call Hold
· H.450.2 Call Transfer
· H.450.3 Call Forwarding
· Call Monitoring
· PC-To-Phone Calls
· Configurable Port Ranges
· H.245 Text Chat
· Outband DTMFs
· E.164, URL, or IP address dialing
· ENUM support
· Transparent NAT support, assisted NAT support (STUN, IP Translation)
· Audio and Video Call Mute
· IPv4 and IPv6
What's New in This Release:
· MJPEG support (V4L1) was added.
· Workarounds were added for broken qspca driver (V4L1).
· The account strings check procedure was fixed.
· Auto build scripts were added for Win32.
· A Win32 installer was added.
· Unregistration from SIP registrars running on non standard ports was fixed.
· A possible problem with H.323 calls was fixed.
· Possible Avahi crashes were fixed.
· A possible routing problem for incoming calls initiated through uncompliant SIP INVITE PDUs was fixed.
· A crash on Win32 when exchanging SIP text messages was fixed.