Xconvers is a TCP/IP based service for Amateur radio operators which uses a command subset of IRC.
Xconvers is a client for convers, a IRC-like conversation system for hamradio operators. Convers differs from IRC because there is a much smaller command set and command input and output is generally shorter. This is done because a lot of convers servers are linked by radio waves, where traffic should be kept low.
It is optimized for generating less traffic than IRC, because part of the convers server network is connected over a radio network with slow (1200-9600 baud) links. Convers uses port 3600.
Xconvers was born a long time ago as a motif client for the wampes convers server. The xconvers maintainer was looking for someone to take over his software.
After maintaining the motif version for some time, I have rewritten the user interface to use GTK+ and have added a bunch of features.
Here are some key features of "xconvers":
· configurable color support (different colors assigned to every user)
· optional saving of the session to a logfile
· history for the connect dialog and the send widget
· autologin and automatic sending of commands
· selectable font, color and pixmap for the main window
· language support
· statusbar, scrollbar and menu can be turned off
What's New in This Release:
· French translation by Jean-Luc Coulon, F5IBH. Closes: #299289.