rediffbol-prpl is a Rediffbol plugin for libpurple, the backend that runs many well known open source messenger clients, including Pidgin, Adium etc.
- Sending and receiving chat messages, including offline messages.
- Message formatting upto Italics and bold for received messages
- Typing notifications.
- Adding/Removing buddies and Authorizing/Denying addrequest.
- Viewing and setting avatars (setting avatar is supported only through rediff's webinterface). Avatar is RediffBol's name for Buddy Icons.
- Group management.
What does not work [yet].
- Font faces and font styles in received messages. (This was conciously not added for technical reasons).
- Outgoing messages cannot be formatted.
- Support for chat rooms not implemented yet.
- HTTP proxy support (I believe this is technically possible. But there's some amount of work to be done for this :( ).