pidgin-musictracker is a Pidgin 'now playing' plugin to publicize the songs you are listening to in your status message.
Currently supported players:
Amarok, Audacious, Banshee, Exaile, Last.fm feed, Listen, MPD, Quod Libet, Rhythmbox, XMMS, XMMS2
XMMS/Audacious 1.3: Title format needs to be set as '%p | %a | %t' in the players preferences. Delimiter choice '|' can be changed in musictracker settings.
Here are some key features of "pidgin-musictracker":
· Allows you to customize the status string with various fields extracted from your media player such as artist, album, track, duration, progress bar, etc.
· Different status messages for various media player states such as Playing, Paused and Stopped.
· Supports per-account status format customization.
· Optional profanity filter for words in the status.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix the Spanish translation, so that the translation of 'MusicTracker' menu item is not a translation of the instructions to translators for translating the 'MusicTracker' menu item, but a translation of the 'MusicTracker' menu item.
· Fix a bug preventing track time retrieval from banshee 1.0; it's a uint not an int
· Tidy up XMMS interface to reduce debug output spam and fix a memory leak
· Avoid a dlopen() leak if libaudacious.so and libxmms.so are both present
· Rewrite status message generation to allow the addition of "%s" in the message format as the pidgin saved status and clarify the logic a lot ( issue 19 )
· More adjustments to MSN compatible WM_COPYDATA message catcher, to deal with the message in the form Spotify sends ( issue 128 ).
· Correct a mistake in the WM_COPYDATA parser which meant album information wasn't captured in one possible format.
· It seems that the MSN compatible WM_COPYDATA parser was incorrect and the artist and title were swapped in lots of cases; try to impove this so the "swap artist and title" preference shouldn't need to be turned on so often.
· Minor corrections and additions to French(fr) and Spanish(es) translations. Add partial Indonesian(id) translation, contributed via launchpad
· Add a fallback to g_timeout_add() when built with GLib versions prior to 2.14.0, which do not have g_timeout_add_seconds() ( issue 125 )
· Apply a patch to fix XMMS2 0.6 track information retrieval from chewi ( issue 71 ). This change is incompatible with XMMS2