climm is a very portable text-mode ICQ clone - it is known to compile under Linux, BSD, AIX, HPUX, Windows, AmigaOS and with restrictions BeOS. Originally written by Matthew D. Smith, a great part of climm has been rewritten by R�diger Kuhlmann, in particular the support for the new version 8 of the OSCAR protocol that became necessary, the internationalization, the file transfer and some restructuring of the code.
Here are some key features of "climm":
· login with both the old v6 and the new v8 protocol
· register new uins and setup configuration with an easy to use setup wizard
· changing password
· reconnects when kicked by server
· contact list
· complete contact list with several ways for a concise display of online/offline users
· set status arbitrarily
· send and receive messages and urls
· acknowledged messages
· send ackowledged messages to clients who understand them
· UTF-8 encoded messages
· send UTF-8 encoded messages to clients who understand them
· send SMS to user's cell phone
· user info
· request and update all user and personal information
· easy search command, can search by (nearly) any information
· be visible to certain users even when invisible, or be invisible to certain users at any time
· ignore certain users completely
· chat group
· request user from interest group and set own's interest group
· can beep or execute arbitrary commands when other users go online, offline or send a message.
· can show a users connection info and last seen online time
· check whether someone is offline or just invisible
· full support of v8 direct connections
· supports SSL encrypted connections a la licq
· supports scripting via the Tcl scripting language
· file transfer
· full support of sending/receiving v6,v7,v8 (batch) file transfers
· auto messages
· auto replys if away, request and send auto messages
· recognizes climm/mICQ, licq, Miranda, StrICQ, &RQ, alicq, SIM, Kopete, vICQ including version number, and YSM, libicq2000-based, ICQ 2001, ICQ 2002, Trillian, ICQ2go, ICQ Lite, partially ICQ 2000
· writes a log of all messages to and from a user
· easy debugging by selecting what data to display, including concise packet monitor
· translations include English, German, Serbian, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Japanese, partially Russian, French, Spanish, Romanian, Italian.
· transcode texts for Russian and Japanese users.
· birthday flag
· show if it is user's birthday
· supports connections via socks5
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Lots of bugs were fixed.
· Some improvements were made to XMPP.
· SOCKS 5 configuration per connection was implemented.
· Layout changes related to XMPP were made.