A very portable text-mode ICQ clone.
climm is a very portable text-mode ICQ clone - it is known to compile under Linux, BSD, AIX, HPUX, Windows, AmigaOS and with restrictions BeOS. Originally written by Matthew D. Smith, a great part of climm has been rewritten by R�diger Kuhlmann, in particular the support for the new version 8 of the OSCAR protocol that became necessary, the internationalization, the file transfer and some restructuring of the code.
- login with both the old v6 and the new v8 protocol
- register new uins and setup configuration with an easy to use setup wizard
- changing password
- reconnects when kicked by server
- contact list
- complete contact list with several ways for a concise display of online/offline users
- set status arbitrarily
- send and receive messages and urls
- acknowledged messages
- send ackowledged messages to clients who understand them
- UTF-8 encoded messages
- send UTF-8 encoded messages to clients who understand them
- send SMS to user's cell phone
- user info
- request and update all user and personal information
- easy search command, can search by (nearly) any information
- be visible to certain users even when invisible, or be invisible to certain users at any time
- ignore certain users completely
- chat group
- request user from interest group and set own's interest group
- can beep or execute arbitrary commands when other users go online, offline or send a message.
- can show a users connection info and last seen online time
- check whether someone is offline or just invisible
- full support of v8 direct connections
- supports SSL encrypted connections a la licq
- supports scripting via the Tcl scripting language
- file transfer
- full support of sending/receiving v6,v7,v8 (batch) file transfers
- auto messages
- auto replys if away, request and send auto messages
- recognizes climm/mICQ, licq, Miranda, StrICQ, &RQ, alicq, SIM, Kopete, vICQ including version number, and YSM, libicq2000-based, ICQ 2001, ICQ 2002, Trillian, ICQ2go, ICQ Lite, partially ICQ 2000
- writes a log of all messages to and from a user
- easy debugging by selecting what data to display, including concise packet monitor
- translations include English, German, Serbian, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Japanese, partially Russian, French, Spanish, Romanian, Italian.
- transcode texts for Russian and Japanese users.
- birthday flag
- show if it is user's birthday
- supports connections via socks5
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.6.4
- Lots of bugs were fixed.
- Some improvements were made to XMPP.
- SOCKS 5 configuration per connection was implemented.
- Layout changes related to XMPP were made.