YSM is a Free, open source (GPL license) console based ICQ client written in the C language. The project was born in the year 2001 when Mirabilis (AOL) introduced a new version of the ICQ protocol.
Full of humor and interesting features, ysm has an easy to use command line interface which allows faster communication with your contacts and provides many OS dependent comfortable options.
YSM project has been tested to run on Linux, Windows, OpenBSD, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, BeOS, QNX, Irix, SunOS and OS/2.
Here are some key features of "YSM":
· consoled based client
· ICQ protocol version 7 and 8.
· plaintext and encrypted (AES algorithm) message sending.
· plaintext and encrypted (AES algorithm) file transfers.
· contacts download and upload from/to ICQ servers.
· search features.
· invisible, visible and ignore lists management.
· fingerprinting of remote clients.
· sending/receiving of URLs.
· sending/receiving of contacts.
· OS dependent comfortable options.
· and lots of more features!
What's New in This Release:
· A major bugfix related to the ability to send and receive messages.
· A recent protocol change had disabled the messaging functionality.