An IRC (chat) program for Windows and UNIX (Linux/BSD) operating systems
XChat runs on most BSD and POSIX compliant operating systems.
- Full featured IRC client
- Fully customizable
- Tabbed window interface
- Small resource footprint
- 41 language translations
- encrypted connections using OpenSSL 0.9.8d
- native IPv6 support
- Perl, Python, Ruby and Tcl language interface plugins for scripting
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.8.8
- Made balloon time adjustable via /set input_balloon_time (Nicoleau Fabien).
- Fixed a crash in the /SET command if a boolean value was loaded from config file that isn't set to 0 or 1.
- Added -on and -off parameters to the /SET command. This can be used to set bits, for example gui_tweaks.
- Made scrolling backwards for the search window act better (Richard Hitt).