WeIRCd is a robust, simple & easy-to-use IRC daemon for both the Windows operating system and Unix systems (Linux, Bsd, Mac OS X) which is open-source and free to use!
WeIRCd has been written from scratch and isn't simply a modification of another IRC daemon.
Here are some key features of "WeIRCd":
· Easy installation & administration
· Built-in ChanServ, NickServ to be used without a lot of configuring
· Dynamic modules & extensions (loadable at runtime)
· Only few dependencies regarding external libs
· Not depending on any runtime environment and reasonably fast because written in native C
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed critical string formatting vulnerability in irc_SendWhois()