Voice Chatter is a cross-platform and 100% free voice communication (chat) software. It was designed with gaming in mind, but can be used for many other purposes.
Why write Voice Chatter? Because there is no voice communication application that I am aware of that has excellent voice quality, AND supports all major platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac). I am a Linux hobbiest, and I would like to play games on it. However, the the two most popular applications either don't support Linux or have inferior voice quality.
Now you can have the best voice quality available on your platform of choice.
What's New in This Release:
· Enabled text to speech on mac
· Improved voice quality when things get loud
· Increased severity of inbound/outbound volume modifiers
· Added server admin dialog (only contains server password for now)
· Improved default audio device selection
· Client will now switch to the channel that it was previous in when auto-reconnecting
· Cleaned up error dialogs relating to bad audio devices
· Added client error/debug log
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug in sending chat messages that would prepend an extra character
· Added ability to specify a specific network interface for the server to bind to (IPv4 only)
· Added ability to specify where the server will write its log file
· Added task bar icon functionality and the ability to minimize to the taskbar (windows/linux only)
· Fixed a crash when disconnecting a remote admin connection soon after sending a command
· Added a native input manager for mac, which should substantially improve input latency
· Note: If you happen to experience a crash on startup with the mac port of this version, try opening ~/.voicechatter/vchat.conf and set "Use Native Input Manager" to "false". If you run into this issue, please post on the forums to let me know.