- Small footprint
- In terms of memory: Twitux memory leaked on my system and needed to be restarted every few days, Twit does not.
- In terms of code: The Twitux repository consisted of 99 files and 8990 lines of C code, Twit on the other hand consists of two files and 588 line of C. (as of 2010-06-20)
- In terms of pixels: Twit attempts to make efficient use of screen space and works well at any aspect ratio
- Automatic resizing, while this might sound trivial, Twit actually wraps text properly when resized..
- Clear old messages (CTRL-L)
- Filter posted based on usernames (uses perl-compatible regexes)
- Integration with twitter.com (posts/timelines in browser)