Twit is a Twitter viewer tool that takes a more minimalistic approach than some of the other GTK+ Twitter clients.
Here are some key features of "Twit":
· Small footprint
· In terms of memory: Twitux memory leaked on my system and needed to be restarted every few days, Twit does not.
· In terms of code: The Twitux repository consisted of 99 files and 8990 lines of C code, Twit on the other hand consists of two files and 588 line of C. (as of 2010-06-20)
· In terms of pixels: Twit attempts to make efficient use of screen space and works well at any aspect ratio
· Automatic resizing, while this might sound trivial, Twit actually wraps text properly when resized..
· Clear old messages (CTRL-L)
· Filter posted based on usernames (uses perl-compatible regexes)
· Integration with twitter.com (posts/timelines in browser)
· No ability to make posts, replies, change user information, etc
· No desktop integration such as icons, menu entries, etc
· No translations (this could possibly change in the future)