StatsServ is a little program which emulates an ever smaller IRC server (in regard to the commands it handles) and transfers statistics from IRC into a database. You can then use the data, for example, on a Web site where you want to display the latest statistics.
Statistics consist of the uptime of each server in the network, a list of channels, including their topic (except for secret (+s) and private (+p) channels), and the number of users in the network.
You can normally get these statistics via /stats u, /list, and /lusers (if /stats u is supported on the network and enabled for normal users).
· C++ compiler (tested with GCC 4.0.3)
· MySQL 5.0 database (4.0 works with little modifications, see details)
· UnrealIRCD (tested with version 3.2.5)
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds the compile flag NO_UNREALIRCD; set this using ./configure --no-unrealircd if you're not running UnrealIRCd.
· StatsServ will fork to the background now by default, and the option -f has been added to stay in the foreground.
· There are various compatibility fixes, especially for ngircd (NJOIN message, JOIN, TOPIC, RAW266, SERVER message, and reduction of nicknames to 9 characters).