As its name suggests, Simple Chat is a simple, open source and powerful chat client and server software that can be used on local networks or on the Internet.
Simple Chat features support for multiple logins, OAuth 2.0, file transfers, animated emoticons, spell checking, rich text messages, offline messages, sound notifications, popup notifications, SSL encryption, Geo IP, automatic updates, channels and plugins.
Being written in Qt, Simple Chat is a cross-platform application that can run on Linux, Mac OS X and Windows operating systems.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved interactivity for OAuth authorization.
· In Windows OpenSSL library has been updated to 1.0.1e and libpng to 1.5.14.
· Added support for package "geoip-database-contrib" for GeoIP databases in Ubuntu.
· Reduced network delays.
· Added command "/ping".
· Chat client now supports command line key "-base".
· Added support for specifying PREFIX and LIBDIR for Linux when calling qmake.
· Fixed, spell checking does not work if the path to the dictionary contains Russian characters.