RookChat is a HTML/CGI-based streaming multi-room CHAT.
RookChat is a HTML/CGI-based streaming multi-room CHAT. In Python, for UNIX and Windows.
- Dynamic multiple rooms. Users can create rooms as they desire.
- Room types. Rooms can be public or private, with free or moderated discussion.
- Administrative permissions. Four administrative levels -- moderator, operator, administrator, and owner -- allow you to have fine-tuned control over what permissions different users have, and where. Users can manage their own rooms by default, but you can explicitly grant individual users privileges over main rooms and/or system-wide.
- Administrative powers. There are a host of functions to take care of unruly users: kick them, quiet them, evict them, ban them, possess them, shrink them, or turn them into morons.
- Private messages and memos. Send private messages to user(s), or send memos to off-line users for when they log in next.
- Memo lists. Create your own "memo lists" (mailing lists, except through memos instead of email) for subscribing users.
- Transcripts. Users can record and download transcripts of conversation automatically.
- Graphical smileys.
- Multi-lingual support. Individual users can adjust what language instructions, error messages, etc, will appear in.
- Lots of customization options. RookChat is fully customizable with dozens of installation options, plus lots of options that individual users can set to adjust the behavior and look-and-feel of the chat room.
- Automated password recovery. Users can get forgotten usernames and/or passwords emailed to them.
- Bad word moderation. Optionally, you can prohibit bad words by replacing profanity with more politic alternatives.
- Dice roller. Users have a dice roller available to them in the chat room, which will roll any number of any-sided dice on command.