The Qwit project started with the purpose of studying Qt4 programming. It could be useful, for example, for KDE users, who need a natively looking client for their systems.
Compilation && installation instruction for Linux users:
* unpack source archive;
* execute qmake then make and at last (if you really want it) make install;
* now qwit to start enjoy it.
Or just use binary package.
Here are some key features of "Qwit":
· userpics caching;
· clickable links in statuses;
· http-proxy support;
· KDE native look;
· public, replies custom user timelines;
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· twitpocalypse issue fixed;
· twitpic support added;
· some bugfixes and interface improvements.