Pidgin, previously known as Gaim, is a multi-protocol instant messaging client for Linux, BSD, MacOS X, and Windows.
Pidgin messenger is compatible with AIM and ICQ (Oscar protocol), Live Messenger, Yahoo!, Twitter, IRC, Jabber, SILC, Gadu-Gadu, GroupWise Messenger, and Zephyr networks.
- The configure script will now exit with status 1 when specifying invalid protocol plugins using the --with-static-prpls and --with-dynamic-prpls arguments. (Michael Fiedler) (#15316)
- Fix a crash when receiving UPnP responses with abnormally long values. (CVE-2013-0274)
- Don't link directly to libgcrypt when building with GnuTLS support. (Bartosz Brachaczek) (#15329)
- Fix UPnP mappings on routers that return empty elements in their response. (Ferdinand Stehle) (#15373)
- Tcl plugin uses saner, race-free plugin loading.
- Fix the Tcl signals-test plugin for savedstatus-changed. (Andrew Shadura) (#15443)
- Make Pidgin more friendly to non-X11 GTK+, such as MacPorts?' +no_x11 variant.
- Fix a crash at startup with large contact list. Avatar support for buddies will be disabled until 3.0.0. (#15226, #14305)
- Support for SASL authentication. (Thijs Alkemade, Andy Spencer) (#13270)
- Print topic setter information at channel join. (#1331...