NightTalk is a multi-user chat program.
NightTalk is a multi-user chat program. NightTalk implements a Client-Server architecture that is designed to be flexible in that it can adapt to firewall rules. To aid in achieving this, it has it's own shell with built-in multi-parameter commands (syntax/usage similar to most unix programs). Using a basic chat protocol built on the reliable stream oriented TCP.
- Built-in shell
- TCP (stream oriented) connections
- Listen mode (Host chat session)
- Restrict maximum allowed users
- Listen/Connect with any AF_INET socket
- User Identification system
- Terminate connection if client has no valid identification
- Change Handle at any time
- List users details who were/are involved in the session
- Help system for all commands (similar to unix man page)
- Uses sets of event handlers (designed for future plugin support)