Ncohafmuta is a text-based chat server that is designed for access from a telnet client. It is a multiuser realtime networked conferencing system.
It allows students, academic staff, businesses, or any other people on the net to talk to each other in real-time, via a telnet-based client or java applet embedded in a web page.
· A UNIX type server system with Cygwin installed.
· Permission to run the talker on said server/machine. Although the system does not require much network bandwidth or system resources, it is best to make sure you are allowed. Word to the wise. (Assuming the machine is not yours, of course)
· Permission to bind to 1-4 listening ports on the server. One is the main login port, then as follows: staff login port, external who list port, small web server port. You can disable the extra ports if you need to. See the comments in the constants.h file
· 7 megs of disk space for the FULL distribution. 3.5-4 for the MINIMAL distribution. Compiled binaries will take up an additional 1-2 meg.
· 1.5-2.5 megs of free memory/RAM
· An ANSI compatible C compiler. CC or GCC is fine