IRC instant messaging gateway
Minbif is a project that aims to use the libpurple library from the Pidgin project to provide an IRC-friendly instant messaging client.
- Minbif uses a library which abstracts all IM calls, and has several plugins to support a lot of IM protocols (IRC included!).
- Two modes: inetd and fork daemon.
- Only IRC commands are used to control Minbif.
- Certificates check.
- Buddies are IRC users.
- Each account has a status channel. You see in all connected buddies, and their status on it.
- Add and remove buddies from list with /INVITE and /KICK commands.
- Blocked users are bans on the account's status channel.
- You can see buddies' icons (with libcaca) or download them.
- Display extended information about buddies with /WII command.
- Support away messages.
- Can receive files, which are sent to IRC user with DCC SEND.
- Conversation chats are supported.
- Auto-rejoin conversation channels at connection.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Add an option file_transfers/dcc_own_ip in config file.
- Change weechat's script to ignore the 'request' nick.
- When a new request is received during process of an other one, tell user.
- Add a facebook rename script for weechat.