MX610-notification for Pidgin 0.5
Informs you about new/unread messages with your mouse's IM-led.
There are four types of notifications:
* Normal - Lights continuously, fade in and out
* Pulse - Pulsing, fades in and out continuously
* Flash - Flashing
* Instant on/off - Lights continuously, doesn't fade
You must have hiddev-support enabled in your kernel, and read-write-permissions for the user running Pidgin to that hiddev-devicefile for this plugin to work. Latest version works with Pidgin 2.*.*.
Thanks to Brad Hards for great job hacking the mouse and sharing us the information he found out.
* Unpack the package and move to the created directory
* Edit Makefile (Shouldn't be necessary)
* make install installs plugin to per-user ~/.purple/plugins -directory
If you want to install plugin system-wide for all users, just copy mx610-notification.so to /usr/lib/pidgin or /usr/lib64/pidgin, depending on your distro.
And yes, this only works with Linux.
MX610-notification for Pidgin
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- First version for Pidgin
- Unplugging mouse on the fly doesn't cause 100% cpu usage anymore (Thanks to Joe Flint)
- If not connected to mouse, try to reconnect everytime a new message arrives (Thanks to Joe Flint)
- 'Reset IM-led'-option removed, shouldn't be needed anymore.