JWChat 1.0 Beta 3
JWChat is a full featured, web-based Jabber client.
JWChat is an advanced instant messenger (IM) just like AIM, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger or ICQ. This means you can manage your contacts, communicate with other users in 1:1 chat sessions or join a groupchat room for collaborative communication. Unlike other IMs you can use this with your web browser without having to install any additional software at all. For a list of supported browsers see the features page.
All of your settings, bookmarks and your contact list are stored on the server side. This means that you have access to your personalized client from almost any computer as long as it's got access to the internet.
JWChat and its underlying software are all Open Source. This gives you the flexibility you need in your everyday business.
JWChat brings you the perfect solution for your corporate communication. Being a web application it gives you all advantages of centralized software distribution. Don't hassle with software installs and updates on the client side!
As a web developer it's easy for you to integrate it with your existing web projects. Add advanced instant messaging and groupchat functionality to your website now!
Here are some key features of "JWChat":
· Create accounts
· Roster management: Add, delete contacts, edit contact's groups etc.
· Jabber presence types with support for away messages
· Custom presence for each roster item
· Instant Messages and 1:1 Chats
· Support for registering and searching JUD (Jabber User Directory)
· Full support for MUC (Multi-User Chats) as described in JEP-0045
· Support for transport/gateways to other IM services like ICQ, AIM, MSN, etc.
· Server side storage of preferences and bookmarks (chat rooms)
· Message-History (optional - needs support from the server side)
· many more
· Multiple language support (through apache's mod_negotiation)
· System sounds
· Smileys in messages and chats (themes customizable)
· Customizable poll interval (if polling backend present)
What's New in This Release:
· Amongst some bugfixes and updated/new translations this release contains the latest version of JSJaC (v1.2).