JD Bible Bot is a chat bot for some instant messaging systems - mainly Jabber - with which people can read the holy Scriptures of Christianity and other related material.
The networking part is based on Jabber technology, the Bible part is based on diatheke and Sword project. This program is Free Software and Open Source - you can download, use, modify and redistribute it according to the BSD-style licence terms.
Because of free and open nature of the Jabber system this program can be used with MSN, AIM, Yahoo!, ICQ and other IM systems through special gateways or transports. I recommend using Jabber or Google Talk (which is directly XMPP/Jabber compliant, using industry standards). Most other systems try to limit user's choice and freedom.
· Native Jabber client with 1-to-1 conversation and groupchat
· MSN Messenger works through pyMSNt gateway; 1-to-1 conversation and groupchat
· Native GTalk support because of XMPP standard
· AIM, Yahoo!, ICQ, GaduGadu and maybe some others should be possible with proper gateways
What's New in This Release:
· This release is a sort of "technology preview": it has important new features, most notably search and Bible book name localization, but search works only with the modified diatheke backend, and l10n works properly with latest diatheke svn.
· These features are optional at the moment, and upgrading is recommended anyway because of bugfixes and other enhancements.