JBother is a groovy Jabber client.
JBother project has a plugin system that allows us to write code that is specific to a certain platform, while keeping the core pure Java. An example is the Win32 plugin - it allows for an icon in the system tray on Windows. All plugins can be easily viewed and installed from within JBother's plugin manager.
1) You MUST have java 1.4.x or greater! Java 1.3.x will not work! Get it at java.sun.com/j2se
2) You unzip the zip file. I know you've already done that because you are reading this text.
3) Run JBother.jar like this: java -jar JBother.jar, or in Windows just double click on it.
4) Create an account on jabber.org or linuxhelp.homeunix.com if you haven't already got a jabber account
5) Have fun!
What's New in This Release:
· This release includes improvements to file transfer support and support for JEP-0144 (roster exchange).