Hircules (pronounced like the Greek hero) is an IRC client written in Haskell. The code was initially based on lambdabot and uses gtk2hs for the UI. It has tabs for channels and private dialogs with highlighting.
· ghc, the Glasgow Haskell Compiler (ghc-6.0.1 recommended)
· gtk2hs, a GTK 2 Binding for Haskell (you probably need cvs HEAD).
· Optionally lambdabot
What's New in This Release:
· New features
· input area is now at bottom of TextView not in Entry box
· UTF-8 support
· highlighting of tabs for channel activity
· multiline input is support now (from text pasted into input area)
· exceptions from lambdabot modules are now caught
· absolute paths no longer mistaken for irc commands
· leading '/' is optional now in virtual channels
· topic changes appear in Alert channel now
· autodecoding of ISO-2022
· tabs menu setup now
· virtual channels now have '%' in front of them and can be "joined"
· irc log is now date-stamped as well
· the charset encoding for write to a channel can now be set and shown with the new "/coding" command
· Build changes
· improved lambdabot configure support
· build with -Wall by default