On-screen display overlays shaped text on your screen; it has a similar effect as a television's on-screen volume controls, etc.
On-screen display overlays shaped text on your screen; it has a similar effect as a television's on-screen volume controls, etc. This possibility is due to XOSD library. Gaim OSD is an implementation of the XOSD library, allowing Gaim to display several notification messages. The current features are listed below.
- OSD display
- sign on/off status
- away/back status
- idle/unidle status
- IMs, (both received and displayed)
- new conversation status
- chat invitations
- join/leave messages
- chat messages, with special nick-highlighted display
- warning messages
- fully customizable, all OSD display options can be
- shown only when 'here' and/or
- shown only when 'away'
- customizable display timeout
- different colors
- each OSD line can be fully customized
- Font configuration
- Font shadow
- Horizontal/vertical alignment
- Horizontal/vertical offset
- Text substitutions, (including away messages - GAIM PATCH REQUIRED)
- Limit the maximum message length (helpful for long away messages)
- Mutli-line and mutli-page messages (for long messages)
- OSD toggle icon for each conversation/chat window
- Per-buddy customization
- Quick on-screen display enable/disable
- Support for changing the number of OSD lines
- Log messages to conversation/chat windows
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!