GOIM - Gamers Own Instant Messenger 1.1.0
GOIM is a full featured jabber / XMPP client with special features (extensions) for gamers.
GOIM uses the Eclipse Rich Client Plattform as GUI and SMACK as it's jabber library.
You can also use GOIM InsideEclipse IDE.
GOIM is still in an early Beta Stage, which means it may contains bugs and misses features.
Here are some key features of "GOIM Gamers Own Instant Messenger":
· Send information about which game is played on which server (This is done by sending a presence with extended information. The information which game on which server will also be visible in the 'show' part, so even people using another client (or icq/msn/..) will see what/where you are playing.
· Current supported games are: Unreal Tournament 2004, Live for Speed, Americas Army, TeamSpeak 2 (not a game, but works the same way)
· Basic Messenging and Presence
· Discover and subscribe to Jabber transports (which allows communication with icq, msn, aim, etc. users)
What's New in This Release:
· This release includes two new plugins - the InGame Messenger for DirectX 8 games, as well as the GameServer Browser which allows you to query HLSW server lists.
In addition there were many other fixes and enhancements:
· Usability fixes for linux and macOS (including a new chat window which does not use the Browser widget and therefore does not rely on any platform dependent features)
· Added support for jabber File Transfer
· Commands used to launch a game can now be customized
· Fixed bug when autojoining MUC rooms on connecting.