Ebotula is an IRC-bot taking charge of basic tasks. It can be used to manage one or more channels.
There is also an online help. It includes a list of all commands
known to the bot as well as detailed discription for every command. The
information that can be displayed depends on the permissions the asking user has.
The bot saves his data (e.g. channel topic, user permissions etc.) in seperate
files. So these data can be restored after restarting the bot. The login state
is also saved in these files but reseted after restart. Zombie logins will be
logged out automatically as long as the bot is running. Accounts not being used
for a certain time are removed by the bot. The time after which this happens can
The bot is running as a multi thread application so it can process multiple
commands at the same time. The number of used threads (equivalent to the number
of commands which can be processed parallel) can be configured. This way the
bot is able to manage multiple channels at the same time and react to numerous
commands send by numerous users parallel.
All settings and configuration are done in the file ebotula.conf, usually
located in /usr/local/etc/. All command line parameters given will overwrite
the settings in the config file.
For more information and changes see the files NEWS,ChangLog, INSTALL, BUGS
The bot is being released under the terms of the GNU General Public License GPL.
See COPYING for details.
This programm should be compatible to the RFC 1459, 2810, 2811 and 2812.
Here are some key features of "Ebotula":
· automatic setting and saving of user permissions after login
· setting and saving of channel modes
· setting and saving of channel topic
· setting and displaying of channel greeting
· setting and removing of ban masks
· creating of user accounts
· joining/parting of/from channels
· broadcast messages without IRC operator rights
· displaying of user lists
· stopping the bot
· restarting the bot
What's New in This Release:
· Bugfix: fixed the rejoin-after-kick bug
· Bugfix: fixed the invalid prefix handling of a irc message
· Bugfix: fixed the compilation without the header file syslog.h
· Bugfix: fixed the SIGSEGV on the using of the command accountlist
· Bugfix: fixed the SIGSEGV on the command invite (bug 17,16)
· Bugfix: fixed the SIGSEGV on the command line parameter -f (bug 19)
· added the nls for the command line and log strings
· added the nls for all error or information strings of the bot
· added a seperate thread for the joing of the channels
· added a parameter to controll the delay of the startup intialization
· added more as one debug level
· added a parameter to control the log output
· added the suport of variable parameter list to the SendMsg()
· modified the debug logging
· modified the global sending mutex to a static mutex
· modified the configuration file generator
· modified the SendMsg()
· adjusted the command line help
· renamed the command rmuser to rmaccount