DMDirc project is a new cross platform IRC client written in java
DMDirc was started to address the lack of a good IRC client for Linux, it can however be run on any java capable platform, including OSX and window. While there are plenty of reasonable clients, most are lacking in one respect or another. We hope that DMDirc will fill this gap.
We are accepting feature requests and bug reports to our issue tracker at Google Code.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
We have just released DMDirc 0.6.3m1, with over 1000 commits resulting in over 200 feature additions, bug fixes and other changes, including:
· A redesign of the preferences dialog
· Improved support for SSL certficates (both client and server)
· Support for SOCKS proxies
· Ability to automatically restart the client after installing updates
· Ability for plugins to specify â��servicesâ�� that they provide/require.
· Ability for plugins to export (share) methods with each other
· Improved MDI support
· A more robust DCC plugin
· Moving of the UI to a plugin, allowing for it to be updated separately from the main client