Claros Chat is finally ready. It is a web based (fully Ajax) instant messaging client which is capable of talking with the Jabber protocol. Claros Chat is well tested with Google Talk and it supports all major browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Mozilla.
The project has a minimalistic and an elegant user interface which looks much like a desktop application. Anyone interested in the application can test drive it at http://www.claros.org/chat.
Here are some key features of "Claros Chat":
· Works with any Jabber server, including Google Talk.
· No setup needed on the client machine, works 100% within the browser, no plugins required.
· It is a 100% Ajax application, with a clean and nice user interface.
· Supports all major browsers.
· It can display user avatars including your own.
· Supports many of the emotions with MSN like smileys.
· All features such as changing status, changing status text, loading buddy list, adding/removing new buddy are all implemented.
· Can chat with as many users as you like.
· Users can set auto away at the preferences screen.
· Much words are useless, you've got to see it yourself, "it is one of the best looking and usefull open source instant messaging applications(or simply the best) in the world". See and believe for yourself. Just try the demo to see.(Login with your own Google username/password)
· You can start your own corporate chat network. Download a Jabber server from http://www.jabber.org and use Claros Chat to chat with your collegues.
· You can connect and chat with MSN, AOL, ICQ, Yahoo chat networks providing that you have your own Jabber server with a suitable gateway installed.
· It is open source and completely free software.