BitchX is a console-based IRC client.
Around Christmas of 1994, the script was patched directly into the client by Colten Edwards, aka panasync (this was around the time of BitchX-36).
Now, nearly ten years old in its client form, BitchX continues to expand and change around the IRC of today. A big shout out goes to Colten for taking the time and effort to continuing to further this excellent program.
- Built-in ANSI color.
- Ease of use. BitchX adds dozens of useful command aliases to reduce typing.
- Built-in notify, protection, bot, shit, and user lists.
- Built-in mass commands and tools.
- Extended set of DCC commands and built-in CDCC/XDCC file offering.
- Extended scripting functionality, including functions found nowhere else.
- Huge installed user base, an abundance of scripts.
- Built-in screen client, allowing you to detach and re-attach to an irc session.