An instant messenger program
The project is the heir of the Everybuddy project, and aims to continue improving the program and addressing its shortcomings. Our primary goal is to provide a messenger which is :
* simple: Ayttm should work nicely without having to first go through a complicated configuration procedure. The preferences should be simple and minimal.
* stable: Ayttm should not crash when you use it.
* intuitive: Ayttm should be almost instantly usable by my mother ;)
* flexible: Ayttm supports multiple protocols and they should be supported in an integrated manner (common interface, for example), without limiting protocol-specific features support. Ayttm currently handles Yahoo!, MSN, Jabber, IRC, AIM and ICQ.
Ayttm is developed primarily for Linux but it is also available on BSD and Windows NT/2000 platforms.
- MSN Messenger
- Jabber support (including SSL)
- IRC (Internet Relay Chat) support
- ICQ support
- AIM-TOC (AOL Instant Messenger)
- SMTP (for sending emails)
- File Transfers to/from MSN and Yahoo! users, and receive only from AIM users
- Group Chat (Conferences) with AIM, Jabber, MSN and Yahoo! users
- MSN's Netmeeting integration, using GnomeMeeting
- Yahoo Webcam viewing support
- Protocol Transparency - one buddy, one chat window, multiple accounts on multiple IM systems!
- Tabbed chat, with color alerts for new messages
- Themable smiley graphics
- Tooltips to track people's status
- Conversation and group-chat logging
- File Transfer between Ayttm clients (with any protocol)
- Away mode and other status indicators
- Play sounds (with esd and artsd support)
- Asynchronous connections
- Support for multiple accounts on the same service for almost every service
- Auto-join to chatrooms
- Chat logs export
- Server-side userlist and groups management
- Automatic translation using Babelfish
- Automatic conversion to L33t-speak (yeah, we wanna have fun!)
- Importing of everybuddy, gnomeicu, gaim, and Licq buddy lists
- Keep notes on Contacts
- Rainbow colors in messages
- Digital signature and encrpytion plugin using GPG - compatible with kopete
- Typing notifications for MSN, Yahoo! and Jabber
- Spell checker