Alicq is a pure Tcl/Tk implementation of ICQ client.
Why would you use it?
· It is small
· It is modular and extendable in best tradition of the Tcl scripting language. New modules are easy to write, and dozen lines Tcl module can do a lot
· It is crossplatfrom
· It supports unicode
· It allows localization and internationalization
· It can be controlled from command line or other programs
Here are some key features of "Alicq":
· Multiplatform. Can work in Unix, Windows, MacOS environments on different processor architectures. It can be run on any system having Tcl/Tk interpreter
· Highly modularized architecture, which allows easily create new and replace existing modules
· It can be controlled from command line using send command available in Tk for X11 windowing system
· Interface can be translated into different languages easily, Alicq is locale-aware
· ICQ support is based on Tcl ICQ library