Acidblood is an open source IRC robot written for Unix.
Acidblood is an open source IRC robot written for Unix. Its features include channel and user management. Acidblood is not some drug or some lame band name. Yes, it is an IRC robot. I know there are probably tons of them out there, too bad. I wanted to write my own that I knew had no backdoors and would be easy to setup and fast. I initially wrote one in Perl, but that eventually turned out to be pretty slow. I wrote a second version in C, but I never had time to fix it and it core dumped a lot. I rewrote this version in C again, but it doesn't core dump, has reliable network code, and has all relevant data structures in memory to keep it from hitting the disk. The name is derived from a song of Corosion of Conformity.
- User database with authentication based on nick, ip and access level
- User requestable operator status
- User customizable
- Undetectable, the bot only gives messages (i.e. "talks" ) to those in its user database
- Kick requests from users in channel
- Dynamically change channels
- NO backdoors (read source code if you dont believe me)
- Runs in more than one channel at once
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed IDLE handling and keepalive code.