Vulpes is an access management system for gateways and proxies, licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.
Whether you have a home network, business, internet service provider (ISP), internet café or a simple shared internet connection, Vulpes can be useful for you if you want to control bandwidth and access on your network.
Vulpes allows you to set up plans for users, set bandwidth limitations per plan, and can print bills and automatically block users if their bills are overdue, all from your web browser.
Vulpes consists of an easy-to-use browser front-end developed in Adobe Flex.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Migrated out portable code to seperate project (libfox)
· Plugin system to perform system tasks.
· Much improved user interface
· Initial network management
· PPPoE support
· Improved invoices system
· Localization support
· Ticket system
· Initial patrimony support
· And many other things...
· iptables_plugin has a bug than can cause tc rules not to be created property. The solution is to change '$contracts' to '$user_contracts' on line 65 of backend/plugins/iptables_plugin.php.
· Migration scripts for 0.3 still have issues, those will be resolved in 0.4 alpha2
· Installation instructions still need to be updated