Parallel port powerSwitch project is a TCP/IP server to control a parallel port power switch.
pp_powerSwitch is a TCP/IP based server, which controls a power switching device through the parallel port. Besides Java, I used a bit C to handle the parallel port I/O.
I use it for controling heating, lamps, computers, coffee machine and other things (device has eight ports).
Here are some key features of "Parallel port powerSwitch":
· multiple connections
· user athorization
· cron-like scheduled switching
· reads configurations from file
· configurable log output
· simple port descriptions (add a short description to each port)
· remote shutdown
· Java >= 1.4.x (SDK for compiling the source or JRE for using the compiled package)
· a switching device connected to your parallel port
What's New in This Release:
· fixed security bug, thanks to Thomas Bretgeld