Sweet Home 3D is an open source software specially engineered for interior design tasks and to be used for quickly choosing and placing furniture on a house 2D plan drawn. It offers a 3D preview.
Sweet Home 3D is a Java application, which makes it cross-platform, supporting Linux, Mac OS X and Windows operating systems.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Displayed groups in the furniture table as expandable / collapsible tree nodes.
· Used antialiasing in the 3D view when possible.
· Fixed a bug that could create invalid SH3D files after the importation of a 3D model file containing non ASCII characters (like accentuated letters).
· Fixed the management of multiple holes in polygons defined in imported DAE files.
· Forbade window resizing while a SH3D file is opened under Mac OS X, to avoid program freezing.
· Saved in a SH3D file only the textures of the SH3T file used by the home.
· Released the version 1.0 (670 kB) of the Textures Library Editor, a separate tool that lets the user create and edit easily SH3T files.
· Updated the new portable version of Sweet Home 3D (version 3.7, 116 MB) et Furniture Library Editor (version 1.9, 5 Mo).
· Replaced JRE 6u35 by JRE 6u37 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java.
· Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.