Allegro Sprite Editor 0.7.1
A program specially designed with facilities to create animated sprites
Before compile, you must configure what ASE should use, what libraries are available, etc. You can run the fix.sh script, answer some questions and done: the main makefile is created. Or you could edit the makefile.cfg, uncomment CONFIGURED=1 and uncomment the necessary options, and then run "makefile -f makefile.lnx".
After compilation, you have two options:
1) Running ASE from its source directory.
2) Install ASE in the directory that you specify in the fix.sh question: "Where do you want install ASE by default?" (generally "/usr/local") (in the makefile.cfg, it's the DEFAULT_PREFIX variable)
Run "make install" (it only works in Unix like systems)
Run "make uninstall".
- Edit sprites with layers and animation frames.
- Edit RGB (with Alpha), Grayscale (with Alpha also) and Indexed images.
- Control 256 color palettes completely.
- Apply filters for different color effects (convolution matrix, color curve, etc.).
- Load and save sprites in these formats: .BMP, .PCX, .TGA, .JPG, .FLC, .FLI, and .ASE' (ASE's special format).
- Use bitmap's sequences (ani00.pcx, ani01.pcx, etc.) to save animations.
- Drawing tools (dots, pencil, real-brush, floodfill, line, rectangle, ellipse), drawing modes (opaque, glass), and brushes types (circle, square, line).
- Mask (selections) support.
- Undo/Redo support for every operation.
- Multiple editor support.
- Draw with a customizable grid.
- Unique tiled drawing mode to draw patterns and textures in seconds.
- Save and load entire work's sessions (in `.ses' files).
- Scripting capabilities with Lua language