PixelWindow is a simple, lightweight and cross-platform application for measuring things on your screen. It creates a transparent window that acts like a pixel ruler with its width and height reported in the center. Just drag it around and resize it to measure whatever you want.
Uses of PixelWindow include:
- Finding the dimensions of images, videos, windows, or anything else on your screen.
- Determining absolute layout coordinates while designing and developing applications.
- Simulating smaller screen resolutions to check the layout of your applications.
- Quickly determining the resolution of your monitor.
- Arrow keys: move the ruler by 1 pixel.
- Shift + arrow keys: move the ruler by 5 pixels.
- Command/Ctrl: resize the ruler by 1 pixel.
- Shift + Command/Ctrl: resize the ruler by 5 pixels.
- Mouse wheel: increase or decrease the transparency of the ruler.
- Command/Ctrl + n: open a new ruler.
- Double click: close a ruler.
About Adobe AIR
Adobe AIR runtime allows Adobe AIR applications to be deployed on computers and devices running the Linux operating system. In addition, Adobe Flex Builder for Linux can be used to build rich internet applications that deploy to the desktop and run across operating systems using proven web technologies.
Here are some key features of "PixelWindow":
· Light-weight and cross-platform (Mac, Windows, and Linux).
· Adjustable opacity. Use your mouse wheel to make the ruler more or less transparent.
· Multiple rulers. Open as many rulers as you need simultaneously to make it easier to compare the sizes of objects that you're measuring.
· Keyboard control. Use your arrow keys to "fine tune" the ruler's position and size either by one pixel, or by five.
· Always-on-top option. Set the ruler to stay on top of all other windows so you can position other windows behind it.
· Presets. PixelWindow has presets for several common screen sizes.
· Full-screen mode. Use PixelWindow to measure the dimensions of your monitor by putting it into full-screen mode.
· Easily copy dimensions to your clipboard.
· Open source and free. Want to add features? Curious how PixelWindow works? It's completely open source.
· Adobe AIR