StockQ is an Adobe AIR application which provides streaming stock quotes and manages multiple stock portfolios.
The feature set is light but the technology and app are quite cool. It uses local SQLite database bundled with Adobe AIR for user data persistence and UI is based on Flex controls and ActionScript. Flex DataGrid performs well and handles real-time stock updates seamlessly.
About Adobe AIR
Adobe AIR runtime allows Adobe AIR applications to be deployed on computers and devices running the Linux operating system. In addition, Adobe Flex Builder for Linux can be used to build rich internet applications that deploy to the desktop and run across operating systems using proven web technologies.
Here are some key features of "StockQ":
· Streaming stock quotes
· No brokerage account login/authentication
· Streaming indices in header
· Ability to configure refresh rate (1sec - 5mins)
· Manage multiple portfolios
· Portfolios stored in local SQLite database
· Sorting/shifting of columns in data grid
· Cool custom skin
· Adobe AIR
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version is compatible with Adobe AIR beta 3 runtime. Hopefully, this will be compatible with Adobe AIR 1.0 release as well. There is no change in feature set, only the packaging was changed to use the latest Adobe AIR SDK.