YALE short from Yet Another Learning Environment is a flexible open-source tool for knowledge discovery.
Experiments can be made up of a large number of arbitrarily nestable operators and their setup is described by XML files which can easily be created with a graphical user interface. Applications of YALE cover both research and real-world data mining tasks.
YALE is an environment for rapid prototyping of data mining applications. A modular operator concept allows the design of complex nested operator chains for a huge number of learning problems.
The data handling is transparent to the operators. They do not have to cope with the actual data format or different data views - the YALE core takes care of the necessary transformations. YALE is widely used by researchers and in industry.
· Java 1.5
What's New in This Release:
· This release offers enhanced input handling methods for various file formats and database systems.
· The new input formats include operators for Microsoft Excel and SPSS.
· Several database systems are now natively supported and database access is eased.
· Beside other major improvements and several bugfixes, this version also provides the possibility to define macros, an improved logging engine, and new configuration wizards for the operators ExampleSource and DatabaseExampleSource.
· Several new operators were added.
· This release also contains the latest Weka version.