wattOS, a lightweight, energy saving Linux distribution designed to not only bring your old computer back to life, but also to eat up as little power as possible, is now at version R6.
The most important change in wattOS R6 is the fact that now the distribution is based on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS (Precise Pangolin).
Highlights of wattOS R6:
· 32-bit and 64-bit versions have been introduced for the first time;
· Updated all packages to latest 12.04.1 version;
· Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.2.0-29;
· VLC video player has been added;
· xfburn for simple fast CDROM and image creation has been added;
· All power management utilities have been added;
· Midori has been replaced with Chromium;
· LXFinder, a simple search utility has been added.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download wattOS R6 right now from Softpedia.