phpMyAdmin, the popular tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL databases, has just reached version 4.1.0 Alpha 1.
The first Alpha for phpMyAdmin 4.1.0 has been launched and is ready for testing. The developers have implemented quite a few changes and improvements.
Highlights of phpMyAdmin 4.1.0 Alpha 1:
• phpMyAdmin now provides a warning on user creation if there is another one with the same name;
• The server_status.php functions have been broken into smaller functions;
• A warning about the existing config directory has been made clearer;
• Users are now allowed to specify the controlport;
• Support has been added for AES_ENCRYPT blob fields.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official changelog, in the downloaded source archive. Download phpMyAdmin 4.1.0 Alpha 1 right now from Softpedia.
Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.