Will Stephenson, from the openSUSE Project, announced a few minutes ago, August 2nd, the second and last Release Candidate version of the upcoming openSUSE 12.2 operating system.
Highlights of openSUSE 12.2 RC2:
· Fixes to Kiwi, systemd, clicfs and udev;
· Added support for latest hardware in kernel firmware package and PCI ID lists;
· GRUB2 branding and fixes;
· Filesystem cleanups;
· Bind fixes;
· Patched and updated Bash;
· AppArmor profile for colord;
· Enhanced certificate checking in enterprise networks for NetworkManager;
· Plymouth updates;
· IPv6 support in Avahi;
· Updated GPhoto2;
· YaST fixes;
· Intel video driver 2.20.0;
· Python 3.2.3;
· GNOME Shell 3.4.2;
· GTK 3.4.4;
· Updated LibreOffice.
The final release of openSUSE 12.2 will see the light of day next month, on September 5th, 2012.
Download openSUSE 12.2 RC2 KDE Live CD right now from Softpedia.
Download openSUSE 12.2 RC2 GNOME Live CD right now from Softpedia.
Download openSUSE 12.2 RC2 Installable DVD right now from Softpedia.
Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only. Please report bugs to the official openSUSE Bug Tracker.