The final 2.0 version of illume OS, a full-featured operating system designed to be used on desktops, notebooks, Netbooks, and other systems, has been officially released.
illume OS 2.0 has been dubbed Copenhagen and the final version should be available sometime in December or maybe January.
Highlights of illume OS 2.0 Stable:
• A security patch has been added to the Linux kernel;
• The booting time has been improved;
• The distribution is now based on Debian 6.0.7;
• The media codecs have been updated;
• HD video codecs have been added;
• Lossless audio codecs have been added;
• A graphical GTK installer has been implemented;
• Firewall has been enabled by default.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and updates.
Download illume OS 2.0 stable images right now from Softpedia.