This latest release of ZevenOS-Neptune comes with a new KDE SC version
ZevenOS-Neptune, a Linux operating system with software optimized for slower computers and with elements of BeOS, has just reached version 3.0 Beta 3.ZevenOS-Neptune 3.0 Beta 3 has been dubbed “Brotkasten” and it's the third development release for the 64bit version of Neptune.
The developers have explained that this is not a stable release and that they are using a development version of KDE Plasma Desktop.
Highlights of ZevenOS-Neptune 3.0 Beta 3:
• KDE SC has been updated to version 4.10 RC2;
• Neptune Installer no longer disables autologin from live-session on installed system;
• Neptune Installer no longer creates /var/log/neptune-installer.log again;
• New xserver-xorg-video-ati 7.0 has been added to support more ATI/AMD chips;
• Advanced installer now provides warning when not started as root.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download ZevenOS-Neptune 3.0 Beta 3 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.